Yay the sun has finally arrived and being Irish if there is one thing I am good at its making the most of the glorious weather because unfortunately it probably won’t last long. So I have been embracing all things summer from salads to barbecuse and of course ice cream. This ice cream is so good that I having literally been having it for breakfast lunch and dinner! Not only does to taste so insanely delicious but it’s also so good for your health. Made with just ripe bananas, date syrup and a pinch of salt ice cream has never been so virtuous. It’s so virtuous and nourishing that at home it has earned the well deserved moniker of nice cream! The bananas give the most satisfyingly light whipped and creamy texture while the date syrup gives beautiful ripples of sweet caramel flavour all balanced beautifully with a pinch of sea salt.
Bananas are best known for their high potassium content. Potassium is a mineral that is essential in maintaining optimum muscle and nerve function. In addition potassium plays a crucial role in the maintenance of a healthy electrolyte and fluid balance. Bananas are also a wonderful source of fibre. Fibre has been illustrated to assist in the maintenance of healthy bowel function. Regular consumption of fibre rich foods have been shown to reduce the likelihood of developing colon cancer
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1-2 tbsp date syrup or maple syrup
- Pinch sea salt
- Slice the ripe bananas thinly and place in a freezer proof container.
- Place in the freeze until frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and place in a food processor.
- Blend until you have a smooth creamy mixture, you may need to add a a little almond milk or allow th bananas to thaw slightly to make it easier to blend.
- Add in the salt and blend again until well mixed.
- Scoop the ice cream out of the food processor and ripple the date or maple syrup through.
- Serve with berries and enjoy!