They say that you can never have too much of a good thing how ever this week I put that to the test. I may have gotten carried away after discovering that coconut yoghurt was so simple and cheap to make. Believe me as much as I love the stuff there is only so much coconut yoghurt you can eat. Having reached peak coconut yoghurt and with loads still left I decided to put it to good use and I don’t think that there is any better use for this than a heavenly creamy mango, coconut and cardamom lassi. This is a drink like no other it is insanely rich and luxuriously thick. Packed full of super juicy mango, topical coconut all with a hint of earthy cardamom this drink is like a tropical holiday in a glass!
Mango is known as the king of fruits which is unsurprising considering its wonderful nutritional profile. Mangos are rich in a broad spectrum of vitamins including vitamin A which is vital to support strong and healthy bones as well as maintain good eye health. In addition mangos are also a great source of the B vitamin Folic acid. Folic acid is most important during pregnancy when it may help prevent birth defects.
- 1 + ½ ripe mango cubed
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 2-3 cardamom pods crushed
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more lime juice if desired.
- Chill before serving.
- To serve pour a little water into one shallow plate and a few tablespoons of dedicated coconut onto another shallow plate.
- Dip the rim of the glass into the plate with the water first then dip the rim into the coconut plate ensuring that you get an even coating.
- Remove the lassi from the fridge and pour into your prepared glass.