Considering that Easter was just three weeks ago you would imagine that I would have had enough chocolate to last a lifetime! Which makes me wonder though can you ever really have enough chocolate? I don’t think that is a question that needs to be answered… Whenever I need my healthy chocolate fix this is my go to recipe. In just five minutes with only three ingredient you can churn out a slab of delicious chocolate that Willie Wonka would be jealous of! I must warn you that this recipe is ridiculously addictive and even easier to make. Considering that it is packed full of superfoods like cacao and goji berries this definitely counts as a health food. Right?
Cacao is a superfood not solely for its mood lifting powers but also for its nutritional profile. Cacao is rich in the antioxidant flavonoid which is also found in grapes. These flavonoids may prevent anything from Alzheimer’s Disease to cancer though the research is not conclusive yet. In addition cacao has been shown to reduce blood pressure as well as possibly increase longevity. As wonderful as cacao is it does contain caffeine so unless you want to experience sleeplessness and anxiety it is probably best to not eat the whole batch!
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- ⅔ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- Sea salt
- Gently melt the coconut oil.
- Allow the coconut oil to cool slightly, whisk in the cacao powder and honey.
- Continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate onto a silicone baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the goji berries and pistachios onto the chocolate mixture.
- Sprinkle a little bit of sea salt over the nuts and berries.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set for 1-2 hours.
- It is best to store the chocolate in the fridge as it melts at room temperature.