If you’re looking for an extremely decadent and delicious dessert item for the next time you have guests over, then you’re going to simply adore this coffee and sweet potato vegan mousse recipe.
This recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients to make, nor is it complicated either. In fact, the only ingredients you need are sweet potatoes, cocoa powder, vanilla, and some sea salt. How easy is that?
So, in order for you to begin making this super healthy yet delicious dessert, you need to get reading!
Why Should I Try This?
If looks alone haven’t convinced you that you need to make this dessert, allow me to explain a little more about why you should absolutely make this dessert either for yourself or your guests at some point in the future!
Firstly, the texture of this mousse is incredible, it’s just so fluffy and light that you almost wouldn’t believe that potatoes were used in the making of it.
In addition to that, it also has no added sugar, and relies upon the sweetness of its ingredients for its super more-ish taste.
Not only is it free of any added sugar, but it only uses plant-based ingredients, which makes it a brilliant unsuspecting veggie option that will appease even the biggest fan of dairy products!
This dessert is also great if you have a large number of guests coming over for dinner too, as it only takes a maximum of 10 minutes to make, so you should have no problem cooking the main meal as well as this delicious dessert too.
It also means that if you’re a student who just wants a delicious guilt-free dessert, you can make it in no time at all!
So to sum it up, we have a delicious chocolatey dessert that has no eggs, no dairy, is soy free, has no added sugar, and is Paleo compliant too, so really there’s no reason not to try it!
Ingredients Needed To Make The Coffee And Sweet Potato Vegan Moose
As we mentioned previously, making this dessert is ridiculously easy, and this is mainly because of just how simple the ingredients are!
So, in order to make this dessert, here’s what you’re going to need:
- 3 cups of baked sweet potatoes – This works out at 24 ounces of sweet potatoes. In order to bake them, preheat your oven to 400°F, rinse your sweet potatoes under cold water and then place them on a lined baking tray and bake them for an hour until they are completely soft.
- ½ cup of organic cocoa powder
- ½ cup of coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract – vanilla powder would also work, keep to the same measurements
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- (Optional) ½ cup of coconut cream – this is completely optional and is only to be used if you want a less rich tasting moose.
Making this dessert is super simple, and as long as you follow the instructions, you should have no problems whatsoever.
So even if you’re new to cooking, or maybe even just lacking a little bit of confidence, then you can rest assured that you’ll master this moose in no time!
- The first step is to take your baked sweet potatoes (see ingredients list for info on how best to bake them!) and then add them to a food processor.
- You then want to process these sweet potatoes until they’re completely smooth, and then stop. This is when you then add in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract or powder, and the sea salt, and then continue to process until smooth again. If you’re planning on adding coconut cream to your moose, add it in here with the rest of the ingredients.
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, you then want to spoon the moose into the serving jars or whatever you have decided to serve the moose on. If you want to be extra fancy, you can always dust over some of the additional cocoa powder for that extra aesthetic look.
Our biggest tip for making this dish is honestly just to relax! Thanks to the super simple nature of this recipe, you shouldn’t have to stress too much about making it.
If you find that the mousse is too rich for your liking, or there is too much coffee or too much cocoa powder coming through, then there are a few things that you can do in order to tone it down.
The first of which would be to include the coconut cream, as this will help balance the flavors and prevent the moose from becoming too rich.
However, if you don’t want to include coconut cream in your mousse, then the only other way to reduce the richness would be to remove some of the cocoa powder or the coffee powder.
This will take some trial and error, but getting the balance right will ensure that your mousse will taste perfect every time from then onwards!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’ve never previously made or attempted to make mousse then there can quite often be a lot of questions involved. Which is exactly why we’ve put together some of the most frequently asked questions about making mousses!
What Can I Serve It With
Honestly, mousse is something that can be paired alongside a whole host of different things. A lot of people like decorating their dessert with a choice selection of berries, especially raspberries or strawberries.
Aside from that, a lot of people like to pick out a nice wine to accompany their mousse.
So, that’s our recipe for a delicious coffee and sweet potato vegan mousse, we hope you enjoy it as much as we do when it comes to eating it, so get making it already!