Sometimes, it can be hard to find new recipes to enjoy, especially if you’re looking for dishes that are going to be a great form of comfort food.
So if you’re trying to find a dish that is going to really help you through some of the coldest nights!
One of the best recipes to help you through a cold night is this delicious ginger miso stir fry!
Absolutely full of nutrients and super easy to make, then this is a great dish that can satisfy you even on the coldest night, and is completely vegan too, so you don’t have to worry about there being any products in this recipe that could be considered un-vegan!
So what are you waiting for, read the recipe and get making this dish as soon as possible!
This dish is incredibly tasty and has everything you need for a successful winter warmer, or even just as a dish to lift your spirits on a bad day!
It’s made up using some really simple ingredients that anyone can get a hold of without too much hassle, they should all be relatively inexpensive too, which makes it great for students or people who live on their own!
Another great thing about this dish is just how jam packed with nutrients and goodness it is, which all comes down to the delicious vegetables that can be found within the recipe, along with things like the amazing tofu too, which provides all the protein you need from a nice hearty meal.
Ultimately, you can swap out any of the veggies listed in the recipe with your own if you prefer, which means that this recipe has a lot of flexibility if you can’t find one or two of the vegetables it says to include, or if there’s just some in your pantry that you need to use up before they expire.
This ingredients list is set for you to be able to make 2 portions of this dish, so if you want to make just 1 portion, then you just need to half the portions, and if you want to make more of the dish, you simply need to increase the number of ingredients you include proportional to the number of servings you want to make!
For The Ginger Miso Sauce
- 3 Cloves of garlic – peeled and crushed
- 3cm fresh ginger – grated and peeled
- 2 tbsp of white miso
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 pinch of red chili flakes
- 1 or 2 tbsp of water.
For The Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic – peeled and crushed
- 2cm chunk of fresh ginger – grated and peeled
- ½ an onion – peeled and chopped/sliced
- 100-150g of firm or extra firm tofu – drained and sliced
- Vegetables, you can add whichever vegetables you’d like, however, we recommend adding: broccoli, green beans, cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, pak choi, sugar snap peas, and red peppers.
- Sesame seeds and spring onions to garnish.
The best part of making any stir fry recipe is just how simple it is to actually make!
Once you’ve prepped all of the ingredients as per the ingredients list, all you have to do is follow these super simple steps in order to make the stir fry!
- Step 1: Turn on the heat and add the tbsp of olive oil to the wok or skillet, allow it to heat up.
- Next, add your broccoli, and allow it to saute in the olive oil for up to 2 minutes.
- Once the broccoli has been sauted, you can then add the rest of the ingredients before stirring them to combine them all together. Ideally you want your tofu to really brown on the edges and for it to absorb as much flavor as possible from the sauce (Check out How Long To Marinate Tofu).
- Then once you’ve allowed everything to brown off and caramelize slightly, you can then remove it from the heat and serve it up! If you want your sauce to be just a bit thinner, you can easily add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
Yield: 2 servings
Preparation time: 5 – 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 – 25 minutes.
The best thing about stir fry, and this recipe especially, is that you can choose to serve it up in so many different ways that its versatility is almost unmatched.
For example, if you want to go for a super healthy option, you can serve this alongside some brown rice to help make it really hearty, and even more comforting than it initially was (You might want to checkout this delicious Vegan Paella Recipe here).
Alternatively, you could thin out the sauce with some water and add your favorite noodles in to create a delicious noodle soup, which on a cold winter’s day would be certain to warm you up in no time at all.
Of course, there are also a whole host of other sides that you could compliment your stir fry with, spring rolls make a great addition to any dinner time table if you’re having stir fry, just make sure that they’re vegan though!
Another option would be Gyoza, which are essentially just steamed dumplings, and are often filled with wonderful different fillings, they’re quite often filled with a meaty inside, but vegetable ones do exist, so find ones that suit you best!
Our final serving suggestion is perhaps not very authentic, but we find that sometimes one of the best sides to go along with your stir fry is a few simple slices of delicious crusty bread!
This goes along well with the stir fry and will be sure to make this comforting meal even more hearty and wholesome!
So, if you’re looking for a super simple recipe that is hearty and filling whilst also being packed with all of that veggie goodness, then this is a recipe for you!