These vegan friendly Ferrero Rocher truffles only require three ingredients.
In addition to that they are healthy, free from refined sugar, oil free and no baking is required.
You will be shocked to discover how easy these little balls are to make. They make the ideal bite size treat to enjoy by yourself or to offer as a dessert to friends and family.
The exterior of these truffles are crunchy, while the center has a smooth consistency. Also hidden inside each truffle is a hazelnut.
There is no denying that these vegan Ferrero Rocher are delicious. Yet because they are healthy it means you can eat them without feeling guilty.
In this article, we will help you make these vegan friendly Ferrero Rocher for yourself.
What Ingredients Make Up This Vegan Ferrero Rocher?
The traditional components used to make the Ferrero Rocher include a variety of unhealthy ingredients.
Such as milk chocolate, skimmed milk powder, palm oil, sugar, coca mass, cocoa butter, butter oil, hazelnuts and lecithin.
Yet in this healthy and vegan version, only three ingredients are needed. This Includes:
- ¾ cup of dark chocolate – Choose your favorite vegan dark chocolate. You don’t want to skip out on the quality. This is because you want these truffles to taste as good as possible.
- 90 ml of full fat coconut milk – It is vital that you use full fat in this recipe. Otherwise, you won’t achieve the desired thick and glossy texture. If you happen to use anything but full fat coconut milk, your ganache mixture will become too thin. Thus, it won’t set correctly. Then you may struggle to form the chilled mixture into your balls.
- Hazelnuts – This should be a mixture of chopped hazelnuts and 14 whole hazelnuts. However, if you are allergic to hazelnuts, you could substitute them for your favorite kind of nut that you enjoy eating. Yet, for a more traditional Ferrero Rocher, then it’s best to stick with hazelnuts.
- Step 1 – Finely chop your dark chocolate and put it into a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Pour coconut milk into a saucepan, then heat it until steam begins to rise to the surface. Avoid boiling it since the temperature will become high and will burn your chocolate.
- Step 3 – Pour your heated coconut milk into your chopped chocolate in the bowl. Allow the contents to stand for three minutes without stirring. Then slowly whisk the mixture until glossy and thick. This will take a couple of minutes to get out this consistency.
- Step 4 – Put the bowl in the refrigerator to cool and solidify for two hours.
- Step 5 – Once the chocolate mixture has set, use a tablespoon to scoop out little balls and place a hazelnut in the middle of each. Use your hands to quickly form balls around the hazelnut.
- Step 6 – Once your balls are created, roll each of them in chopped hazelnuts. Each ball should have an even covering.
- Step 7 – Finally, put the now covered balls back into the refrigerator for a further hour. Or you could begin eating them straight away. If you put them back in the fridge, give them 10 minutes at room temperature before you serve and consume them.
Storing Your Vegan Friendly Ferrero Rocher
Remaining chocolate truffles can be kept for up to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
However, it’s rare for them to last that long, as they are so tasty!
You can freeze them for up to 2 months. In this manner, you can always have one on hand for those times when you want something chocolaty and sweet.
The best thing to do is place them in either an airtight container or freezer bags. This way they won’t get contaminated by anything else you may have in your freezer.
Then, when you are ready for a vegan Ferrero Rocher, allow them to thaw for an hour or two on your countertop.
How Are These Ferrero Rocher So Healthy?
Compared to the traditional Ferrero Rocher, which is full of sugar, fats, and gluten.
This recipe is a lot easier to make and much healthier as well. These Ferrero Roche don’t include any oil, gluten, or refined sugar.
Yet with that being said, they still taste just as good as the classic Ferrero Rocher while being far healthier.
As a result, if you are vegan, gluten intolerant or watching how much sugar you are consuming.
This is the perfect Ferrero Rocher alternative that you should be making.
Should The Hazelnuts Be Raw Or Roasted?
The choice is up to you. However, both raw and roasted hazelnuts taste great when used in this recipe.
Toasted hazelnuts add another dimension to the overall hazelnut flavor in this sweet treat.
This is due as the roasted process helps to intensify the flavor, although the texture remains the same.
You may want to try a raw while hazelnut in the center of the chocolate ganache.
Then coat the balls with toasted hazelnut. Either way, the hazelnut flavored strongly. This recipe works well with both types of hazelnuts.
Ferrero Rocher are a great dessert or sweet treat to have. Yet, the traditional versions are not vegan and are quite unhealthy due to all the fast and sugars they contain.
However, this recipe has shown you that you can make a much healthier version of the classic Ferrero Rocher.
Which still has the same flavors, uses fewer ingredients and is far healthier.
Once you make this recipe, you may never want a traditional Ferrero Rocher again.
This recipe uses just three ingredients and is really easy to make. The most difficult part is waiting for the ganache to set.
We hope we have inspired you to make these vegan friendly Ferrero Rocher for yourself.