Some say that it’s harder for vegans to enjoy the same delicious treats as others, but that’s definitely not the case!
This vegan raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake is perfect to satisfy your vegan sweet tooth and tastes just as good as the non-dairy version!
To find out how to make this indulgent vegan recipe, continue reading and we’ll tell you everything you need to know to make the perfect vegan raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake.
How To Make
What’s incredible about this recipe is that this cake is actually 100% raw! That’s right, you don’t even need to bake it!
In this section, you’ll find detailed cooking directions and all the ingredients you’ll need to make this super simple vegan cheesecake.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ tsp of raw ground vanilla beans, or ½ tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of cocoa butter
1 ½ cup of cashews, presoaked for at least a few hours and strained
¼ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
6 tbsp of vegan liquid sweetener, like maple syrup.
⅓ cup of cocoa butter, liquified
¼ cup of coconut oil, liquified
1 tsp of pure vanilla extract, or ½ tsp of raw ground vanilla beans
¼ tsp of salt
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup of cocoa butter, liquified
- 3 tbsp of liquid sweetener, like maple syrup
- A handful of raspberries for garnish (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and process until you are left with a medium-fine crumbly texture for the base of your cheesecake.
- Transfer your crumbly mixture into a springform pan and press well to create an even, flat base for your cheesecake.
- Place your base in the freezer for at least 10 minutes while you work on the cheesecake layer.
- Place your ingredients into a strong blender and combine until the mixture is completely smooth
- Pour the smooth mixture over your newly made base in the springform pan.
- Lightly tap the pan on your countertop to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Smooth out the mixture to make sure the surface is even.
- Place in the freezer for at least 15 to 20 minutes while you work on the raspberry topping layer.
- Place ingredients into a strong blender and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the cheesecake layer in the springform pan and smooth out so the mixture is even.
- Return your assembled cheesecake back into the freezer for at least 3 hours until the cheesecake is firm. You’ll get the best results by freezing it overnight.
- Decorate the cheesecake with raspberries if you wish and serve!
Vegan Cheesecake Tips And Tricks
Now that you know how to make a delicious vegan raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake, we’ve created a list of the best tips and tricks so you can be sure that your cheesecake comes out perfect every time.
Keep Your Ingredients Room Temperature
There is a science behind room temperature ingredients in baking, but when it comes to cheesecake, it is especially important.
Unless stated otherwise in the recipe, you should keep your cheesecake ingredients at room temperature so your mixture doesn’t end up lumpy when combining.
It can be more difficult to get a smooth, fully combined mixture with chilled or frozen ingredients, so be sure to keep this in mind when you’re following this cheesecake recipe.
Be Careful Not To Overmix
As well as keeping your ingredients at room temperature, it is also important to not overmix when combining your ingredients.
A batter gets extra air added when it is over-mixed and when it is mixed too quickly.
There are several ways that a cheesecake with too much air can crack. First of all, large air bubbles might reach the surface and cause craters or cracks.
Second, introducing air makes things rise, and a cheesecake shouldn’t rise too much. It may rise excessively or too soon before falling and cracking.
Use A Springform Pan
Springform pans aren’t always the best tools to use when baking, as a cheap one can lead to leakage and a complete messy disaster! However, for cheesecakes, you will definitely need one.
A springform pan has a removable base. Using this pan when making a cheesecake means that you’ll be able to make it look absolutely perfect.
Without a springform pan, it can be extremely difficult to remove your cheesecake, and you will probably end up with something not overly appealing!
To remove your cheesecake from a springform pan, carefully run a knife around the edges and then slowly release the spring so the bottom comes away. Gently remove the sides and you’re done! It’s that simple!
We know it might be tempting to take your cheesecake out of the freezer too soon, but trust us when we say that it’s worth the wait!
Taking your cheesecake out of the freezer before it’s set won’t give you the best cheesecake texture, and it certainly won’t stand up on its own, without the springform pan!
For the best results, freeze overnight to make completely sure that your cheesecake is perfectly set and ready for serving.
Serving It The Way You Like
Whether you prefer your cheesecake more solid or more moussy, you can do this with a few tricks.
First of all, for the perfect firm texture, you can serve it straight out of the freezer and dig in!
If you prefer your cheesecake to be softer, then keep it refrigerated after freezing so it slowly thaws into that mousse-like texture you’re looking for.
This vegan raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake is the perfect treat for you and your vegan friends! We’re sure that after making it once, you’ll be wanting to make it time and time again.