This is quite possibly one of my favorite recipes ever! I know I say that about pretty much everything I make but trust me on this one. I make this apple, raspberry and chia Bircher muesli at least three times a week and could happliy eat it everyday. Breakfast is such an important meal of the day and great way to set yourself up for the hectic day ahead. I know that many people struggle to find the time to fit in breakfast so this is the perfect recipe for busy people. This has all the benefits of porridge without all the effort. All I do is combine all the ingredients together and place them in the fridge overnight. In the morning a bowl of lusciously creamy oats with juicy grated apple and tart raspberries will be waiting for you. Now there’s no excuse to not start the day with an energizing breakfast!
Chia’s brain boosting power comes from their high levels of omega 3 which plays an important role in maintaining heart and brain health. Not only are chia seeds great for your brain but they are also rich in fibre which aids the control of blood sugar levels as well as reducing the risk of developing heart disease and obesity. In addition chia seeds are a source of the B vitamins Niacin and Thiamine which play a vital role in maintaining a healthy nervous system.
- ⅓ cup oats
- 2-3 tsp chia seeds
- ½ apple
- ¼-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional)
- ⅔ cups almond milk
- Firstly grate the apple skin and all.
- Add the grated apple, oats, chia, cinnamon, sweetener if using and almond milk to a bowl.
- Give the mixture a good stir.
- Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning remove from the fridge, you can add any topping you like or eat it as it is for a delicious and quick breakfast!