A good cookie recipe is something that everyone needs. The issue is that a lot of vegan cookie recipes fall short of capturing the full joy of munching a truly excellent cookie.
However, that isn’t an issue with this recipe. You can easily make tender vegan cookies that are chewy and full of delicious chocolate chips.
What makes this recipe even better is that it only needs 5 ingredients. Also, the amount of sugar used is lower than you would find in other cookie recipes. In addition to the inclusion of bananas which makes this recipe a healthier alternative.
In this article, we will teach you how to make these 5 ingredient vegan chewy cookies. They will become your go-to treat to make,
For these vegan cookies, there are only 5 ingredients required (Check out this Breakfast Cookie Recipe which uses carrots, ginger and raisins here). To assist you in baking the best cookies ever, take a short look at them below along with some notes in case you don’t have everything required in your cupboards.
- 1 cup of peanut butter – This ingredient is an excellent substitute for flour. Sesame seed butter, almond butter, and other nut butters are all good substitutes. Just make sure it has a creamy, thick peanut butter-like consistency. If you are using a natural nut butter, then you must make sure that you churn the butter properly to help fully incorporate it into the mixture.
- 1 cup of sugar – It is up to you what kind of sugar that you use. If you use brown or coconut sugar, then you may need less than a cup. As it is naturally sweeter than other kinds of sugars. It’s important that the type of sugar you use is granulated.
- 2 tsp of baking soda – The baking soda helps to create the chewy texture, by helping the dough to spread, while they cook.
- 1/4 cup of mashed banana – Mashed bananas are used as a substitute for eggs. It is a great way to use any overripe bananas that need to be used up.
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips – Use your favorite vegan chocolate chips. Or you could always do a combination of chocolate chips and chopped nuts of your choice.
Steps To Follow
This is one of the easiest recipes you will ever come across. Below is a step by step breakdown on how you can make these cookies for yourself.
Step 1: Preparation
Set the oven’s temperature to 350 °F. Use parchment paper or silicone mats to line a big baking sheet or two smaller ones.
Step 2: Make The Cookie Dough
Grab a large bowl and add all 5 ingredients into the bowl. Then mix the ingredients together by hand for 3 minutes until everything has been fully combined.
Step 3: Shape The Cookies
Scoop out the dough and roll each cookie into a ball using two tablespoons. Place the cookies on your prepared baking sheet. Try to leave at least 4 inches between them. This is because the cookie will grow and spread as they bake.
Bake the cookies for 12 to 13 minutes, or until they are beautifully cracked and firm.
If you want to make the cookies smaller, then use one tablespoon to shape them. These smaller cookies will only take 10 minutes maximum to bake.
Step 4: Let The Cookies Set
After this time period, remove the cookies from the oven yet leave them on the baking sheet. At this point, you could sprinkle some sea salt on the top of the cookies, to add a savory element to the cookies. Yet this is completely optional.
You should let the cookies remain on the baking tray for 5 to 10 minutes. This is because the cookies will still be cooking even though they are out of the oven. If you move them too early off the baking sheet, they could break up.
After 5 to 10 minutes, you can remove the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling. Then they are ready to be enjoyed!
Serving, Storing And Freezing These Cookies
Once you have baked your first batch of these cookies, you will have wondered why you hadn’t made them before.
- Serving – You can serve them slightly warm or cold, either by themselves. Yet for an extra special treat, why not serve them with ice cream and caramel sauce.
- Storing – These cookies can be kept for up to three days on the cooling rack. The next day, they are actually softer because there is no flour in them! They will therefore recover if you unintentionally over bake them.
- For even longer storage, you might also place them in an airtight container. Then the cookies will last up to a week.
- Freezing – You can freeze these cookies once they have been baked. Place them into freezer bags and put them into the freezer. Then, when you suddenly have a cookie craving, get one out of the freezer and give it an hour on your countertop or in your fridge to defrost.
They will still taste just as delicious and have a really nice chewy texture once they are defrosted.
Sometimes you need to treat yourselves with a good chewy cookie. These vegan cookies are really easy to make and take a matter of minutes for the dough to come together.
The addition of bananas and reduced sugar help to make these cookies healthier than other recipes.
We hope you have found this article useful. Now you should be able to make these 5 ingredient vegan cookies that have a chewy texture and are full of delicious flavors. If chocolate isn’t your thing, you could always use nuts or dried fruit instead.
However, now you can always have cookies on hand when that cookie craving hits!
- How Long To Marinate Tofu - September 12, 2022
- How To Make A Sweet Potato Quinoa Vegan Salad - September 12, 2022
- How To Make A Cucumber, Apple And Pineapple Juice - September 12, 2022