Spiced cauliflower is a great way to add some flavor, texture, and color to your meals. In this video, you’ll learn how to make it with an easy combination of spices that pack a major flavor punch!
You can use it as a substitute for rice or as an addition to other dishes. Either way, this cauliflower will be sure to please.
Moroccan cuisine’s history is as complex as its aromas and flavors. Marrakech’s and Morocco’s culinary traditions result from centuries of cultural and commercial exchange.
Naturally, Moroccan food’s history affects how, when, and why Moroccans eat their favorite foods.
Moroccan food has one of the most varied cuisines in the world because of all of the countries and peoples that have affected it.
The juxtaposition of sweet and crunchy tastes and textures is what makes a lot of Moroccan recipes stand out.
These Moroccan delicacies are prepared in distinctive ways, transforming ordinary meals into gastronomic delights. Spiced cauliflower is an example.
Cauliflower prepared in the Moroccan style is a flavorful side dish that may also be used in grain bowls and Buddha bowls. This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for dieters.
Never put raw cauliflower into your body unless it has been roasted. Low in carbohydrates, made with natural ingredients, devoid of gluten, dairy, and common allergens, and consistent with the paleo and Whole30 diets.
This Moroccan cauliflower recipe is very simple to multiply in either direction, up to four times. It is easy to reheat, and it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days.
The Moroccan spice known as Ras el Hanout translates to “head of the shop.” While others reserve it for special occasions, most Moroccans consume it regularly.
Nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, anise, galangal, clove, cubeb, white and black peppers, oris root, chile, turmeric, cardamom, rose, and lavender is all included in this blend. There could be thirty different spices in the blend.
- Avocado Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Raz El Hanout Is A Moroccan Spice
- Lemon Juice
- Keep the cauliflower head intact after removing the leaves and most of the core (the stem should be cut flush with the bottom of the head so that it may stand upright). Process your garlic and ginger in a food processor until you have a paste. Add salt, yogurt, and Moroccan spice, Raz el Hanout, to complete the dish.
- Follow the procedure, gradually adding the lemon juice until it is all used up. After adding the yogurt, continue blending the ingredients until they are completely combined.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, and use a spatula to coat all exposed surfaces with the prepared marinade.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours to enhance the flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- When ready to bake, place the marinated cauliflower on a baking sheet lined with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 60 minutes (cooking time will vary according to the size of the cauliflower).
- After 45 minutes, check the cauliflower with a sharp knife. You want it cooked through, but still holding together. If you prefer your cauliflower a little crunchy, that is OK too.
- To serve, slice into serving sizes. You may also drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil if desired.
- Try using walnut, almond, or pecan oils.
What Other Herbs Or Spices Can You Think Of That Would Be Good In This Marinade?
The use of thyme, rosemary, or basil as additional herbs in this marinade is all a possibility worth considering.
To achieve a more robust flavor, you may also try enhancing the dish with some different spices, such as cumin or chili powder.
What Goes Well With This Dish?
This dish is wonderful either on its own or as a component of a more formal celebration meal. Whether you choose couscous, quinoa (Find out Is Quinoa Low FODMAP), rice, or naan bread as your side dish, you can’t go wrong.
Alternately, serve with grilled chicken or fish and vegetables that have been roasted for a meal that is both flavorful and beneficial to one’s health.
What Type Of Spices Do You Need To Make Moroccan Spiced Cauliflower?
You will need spices like cinnamon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper.
Is It Vegan If I Use Yogurt In This Recipe?
Yes, the yogurt is vegan.
How Can I Store This Dish Once Made?
If you cover the cauliflower dish and put it in the refrigerator, you can keep it there for up to four days. It is also possible to freeze it, but for a much shorter amount of time.
Our detailed guide on how to make Moroccan cauliflower using step-by-step instructions has come to an end.
The history of Morocco dates back thousands of years, and the country’s cuisine is widely considered to be among the best in the world.
This stunning nation is home to some of the most delicious cuisine in the world. The majority of dietary restrictions are likely to be satisfied by the cuisine of Morocco.
There are a lot of dishes in Morocco that call for ingredients that are fresh and good for you, so it’s hard to mess them up.
This dish works very well with a wide variety of herbs and spices. The final dish will have a better flavor if you marinate the vegetables for a longer period.
The flavor of foods and meats is improved by marinating them for a longer period.
Add roasted nuts for a texture that is both crunchy and nutty. If you so wish, you can add additional protein thanks for this.
The flavor of the dish is altered when the cauliflower is baked. Baking imparts a distinctively nutty flavor that can only be found in baked cauliflower.